HEY, WE'RE HEATHER AND JENNIFER
The co-founders and experts behind the SHE Changes Everything. Together, we are on a mission to help solve your most pressing health problems and end the guesswork for good.
Our goal is to empower you with knowledge about your body and actionable steps that truly make a difference in your well-being!
JENNIFER KLOTZ, MS, RD, LDN
Jennifer is a licensed registered dietitian with a Master’s Degree in Nutrition and Wellness and draws from 15+ years experience working in clinical nutrition therapy. Her philosophy is formed using principles of biochemistry, nutrigenomics, nutrigenetics, current research, clinical experience, and the bio-individuality of food. She conducts patient-focused counseling using a functional approach to the body that honors our biological uniqueness. Her average client has seen five or more health professionals before being recommended to her.
- B.S. in Dietetics from Northern Illinois University
- M.S. in Nutrition and Wellness from Benedictine University
- Dietetic Internship completed at Benedictine University
- Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN), Illinois
HEATHER YOUNG, CPT, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500, CES
Heather's expertise lies in helping clients overcome chronic pain, enhance metabolic health, avoid surgeries, and boost energy and mental clarity. Her unique approach combines yoga, strength training, mobility exercises, neuromuscular training and biomechanics, tailored to address autoimmune conditions, fibromyalgia, chronic diseases, osteoporosis, and other conditions that traditionally pose exercise challenges. She wakes up every day on a mission to help people feel good in their bodies using simple methods that fit into everyday life.
- Certified Yoga Therapist, International Association of Yoga Therapists (C-IAYT)
- Certified Personal Trainer (CPT), NASM
- Experienced 500 Hour Registered Yoga Teacher & Continuing Education Provider (E-RYT 500)
- Corrective Exercise Specialist, CES-NASM
Pregnancy and Postpartum Corrective Exercise Specialist (PCES)
My own health journey has been the driving force behind my passion for wellness. I vividly remember a moment when I stood on a hot beach, wrapped in a sweater, hat, and scarf, trying to shield my skin from the sun. I had developed a severe allergy to the sun, but I refused to let it keep me locked indoors. I wanted to embrace life and not hide away in fear, even if it meant getting weird looks from others.
That experience became a turning point in my wellness journey, teaching me the importance of resilience and courage in facing challenges. It made me realize that when we see someone doing something unconventional, there might be a powerful story behind it. In my case, it was about embracing life despite the limitations imposed by a botched oral surgery. The surgery triggered a cascade of health issues, and I faced a choice – to be defeated by the challenge or find the strength to fight back.
This wake-up call led me to take charge of my healing journey and delve deep into understanding the human body and the role of food in our well-being and healing. Though the journey was challenging, it transformed how I could help others, pushing me beyond my comfort zone and overcoming fears to share the knowledge and insights I gained.
Through this journey, I learned that God can take us on unexpected paths to reveal our true purpose and passions. There's hope and purpose in everything, and I am here to share that message with you. Our bodies are designed to heal, and I am committed to helping you reclaim your health and live a life filled with purpose and joy. Let's embark on this journey together, embracing God's plan for our well-being.
After getting married, I moved out to California. My job in publishing was stressful, but a friend introduced me to yoga and I instantly fell in love with how it made my body feel. Teaching yoga became my passion, and I found myself in the best shape and health I had ever been, which felt so triumphant after some serious health struggles in graduate school. But right in the midst of feeling great, a spider bit me, and overnight it became a dangerous infection that needed immediate high-dose antibiotic treatment. My body reacted unpredictably to the infection and the treatment and it set off a fire storm in my immune system that resulted in painful full-body rashes and multiple allergies, including clothing (yes, really!), personal products, and food. It felt like I was allergic to LIFE! It did not go away with additional treatments, and when medical professionals couldn't find a definitive answer, they left me without a sustainable resolution and told me to take antihistamines, acid blockers, and pain medication the rest of my life.
I did not accept this as my "new normal" and I began researching and learning, driven to find ways to lessen the burden on my immune system and promote healing — even if it meant taking one small step at a time.
On my journey, I learned that healing is not instantaneous, but it can happen with time and patience and God’s grace. Meeting people, especially women, who are going through their own challenges, reminds Jennifer and I of the struggles we faced. Through our personal experiences, we now firmly believe that our bodies are meant to be cared for, no matter the outcomes. There's always hope for healing and transformation.
A transformative change is necessary in the realm of women's health
In the realm of healthcare, women's experiences can vary widely, and numerous studies have brought attention to the disparities and challenges they face.
That's why we are on a mission to empower women to be their own health advocates. We believe that every woman should have the knowledge and tools to take charge of her health and well-being. Our goal is to bridge the gap and provide women with the resources and support they need to make informed decisions about their health. By empowering women to be proactive in their healthcare journey, we aim to create a world where every woman's voice is heard and her health is given the priority it needs.Why Advocacy Matters
In the symphony of life, a divine plan we trace, God's design, a masterpiece, with purpose and grace, He crafted our being, mind, body, and soul, With a harmonious bond, a sacred whole.Learn More About Whole-Person Wellness
We're all about
- Comprehensive & holistic methods
- Expertise in natural supplements & lifestyle changes
- Personalized strategies tailored to individual needs
- Caring & empathetic approach
- Guidance & tools for sustainable changes
- Focus on the whole person: mind, body, & spirit
- Transformative impact on physical, mental, & emotional well-being
We're not about
- Focus primarily on symptom management
- Limited time & attention during appointments
- Reliance on pharmaceutical interventions with poor outcomes
- Less emphasis on lifestyle & holistic considerations
- One-size-fits-all treatment plans
- Less patient involvement in decision making
- May overlook underlying causes or interconnected issues
WE MAY BE
- You want compassionate guidance: If you're looking for a safe and encouraging space for you to embark on your health journey, we are here to listen, understand, and guide you with kindness and empathy.
- You want to cultivate energy and resilience: By fostering a better relationship with taking care of yourself, you'll gain the energy and resources needed to face health challenges head-on.
- You are ready to tackle a health diagnosis together: No one should face health diagnoses alone. We are here to walk with you, providing support and empowering you to make informed decisions.
- You want a life of purpose and joy: Your health journey is not just about managing symptoms; it's about living a purposeful life that glorifies God. We help you discover your inner strength and embrace the joy of well-being.
WANT TO KNOW HOW WE CAN WORK TOGETHER
Here's how we can help
Imagine solving your most pressing health problems and ending the guesswork for good. Get expert advice that provides a personalized plan to tackle the true source of your health concerns with results driven strategies that work for you.TELL ME MORE ➡