Ah, the tastes of the holidays! So many Christmas memories are related to the food we eat! Cinnamon, cloves, ginger...these are just a few amazing "Christmas" flavors all wrapped up in the warm taste of gingerbread.
This gingerbread waffle recipe is delicious, but more importantly it is 1) EASY using the gluten-free, whole food-based waffles and pancake mix from Simple Mills and 2) extra nutritious with a gingerbread-flavored protein, collagen boost from Vital Proteins.
The directions for this gingerbread waffle recipe are so simple you'll be able to whip these up in a flash, leaving more time for opening presents, cozying up in matching pjs, and all the Christmas things!
For the pancakes:
- 1/2 Cup Simple Mills Waffle / Pancake Mix
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Almond Milk (or water)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins Gingerbread Creamer
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses (Optional: Blackstrap molasses adds the traditional flavor of gingerbread and has bonus vitamins and minerals, such as iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and selenium!)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cinnamon
- Stir together salt, cinnamon, and Simple Mills mix (if you want to make this recipe into gingerbread pancakes you can follow the directions for pancakes on the box).
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
- Heat the waffle maker & add waffle batter and prepare accordingly.
- Heat a griddle or pan over medium-low heat and add a little butter, coconut oil, or ghee. Scoop 1/4 cup batter onto pan. Cook until underside is brown and bubbles have formed on top.
- Flip and cook until bottom side is golden brown, approximately 1 minute.
- Using the remaining batter, cook the rest of your pancakes.
For the whipping cream:
- We love using Nature's Charm Coconut Whipping Cream with 2-4 drops of SweetLeaf Vanilla Stevia. So good!! But use your whipping cream of choice.
Pile your waffles on a plate, plop on a massive dollop of whipped cream and shake on some extra cinnamon! Enjoy every single bite every bite of this simple, yet festively delicious gingerbread waffle recipe!