10-Minute Nourishing Creamy Cauliflower (or Broccoli) Soup
This creamy, nourishing soup is so fast and easy to whip up. You can use fresh cauliflower or broccoli and cut up the florets, but I also love to use frozen, chopped cauliflower or broccoli as well. I like to have a few bags of cauliflower and broccoli in my freezer at all times to be able to put this meal together quickly! It is so fast and easy. Also, I currently make this soup with collagen for gut healing and grass-fed butter for good fat, but I've marked substitutions if you prefer to make this recipe vegan.
· 1 small onion or ½ medium onion. Roughly chopped. (Use less or more depending on your preference for onion).
· 2 bags cauliflower florets, steamed(You can also substitute broccoli for a creamy broccoli soup!)
· 1.5 cups Pacific organic chicken broth or bone broth or one jar EPIC bone broth. Can also substitute vegetable broth for a vegan recipe.
· 1 can coconut milk or coconut cream
· 2 tbsp collagen (can omit for a vegan recipe)
· 1 tbsp butter (omit and double the coconut oil for a vegan recipe).
· 1 tbsp coconut oil
· 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
· ½ tsp celery salt
· Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Cut up onion into chunks (no need to cut small, you will be blending it).
2. Steam cauliflower with onion until both are soft enough to easily slide a fork into.
3. Remove 1 cup cooked cauliflower. (Don’t try to grab onion, but I don’t worry if a piece of two sneaks in with what you pull out.) Set aside.
4. Place remaining cauliflower and onion in blender and blend until smooth.
5. Add all other ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth.
6. While soup blends, roughly chop the cauliflower you set aside. Stir into blended soup. I prefer the hearty chunks, but you can also make this recipe even faster and blend everything! Enjoy!
Optional: Garnish with fresh microgreens or chopped parsley.
Jennifer Klotz, MS, RD